Covering around 100 acres, there is a range of buildings on the Estate including: The Hall; which is home to 45 bedrooms, The Keep, an exquisite 28-bedroom hotel; The Lake House, an ultra-exclusive and luxurious 6-bedroom private house; and The Fold, a collection of 8 carefully-designed stone-built cottages.
What are you doing with my data?
At Raithwaite Estate we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. Your personal information refers to the data obtained from you in connection with the service provided. We are dedicated to using your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and not to do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect. We only use your data to ensure you have a positive experience each time you interact with Raithwaite Estate.
That includes doing things like:
- Confirming, amending or cancelling a reservation
- Contacting you in response to a request you have made
- Following up to ensure everything was as per your requirements
- Storing it securely in order to provide you with seamless service for repeat business
- Contacting you via email, if you have chosen to opt in to our loyalty scheme or newsletter database
- Informing you of a change to our policies or any issues with a service/facility
- We also use it for business, regulatory and legal purposes, like health and safety (e.g. registration forms so we can account for guests in the hotel)
Our general email enquiry forms on the website are sent via an encrypted channel however we ask that you do not include confidential information when using them (such as bank account details).
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as post code
- Your preferences and interests
- Allergy information for guests dining with us
- Health considerations for guests using The Spa/Gym
- Cookie Usage
Cookies are small amounts of information that are sent to and are stored on your computer. They are used by the hotel to identify you when you visit the site, and to make your use of the site more convenient for you. If you do not wish to have Cookies placed on your computer you can disable Cookies on your internet browser.
Why we collect the information
Your information helps us understand your needs
- It helps us provide you with a better service
- It helps us improve our products and services
- If you have opted in, it means we can keep you up to date with special offers using the email address you have provided
- It means we can contact you by email, phone, or mail should we need to
Retention of data
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected, or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
Do you share my data with other organisations?
No. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
We use third parties to provide certain services e.g. online bookings, online gift vouchers and a guest feedback company called GuestRevu who are based in South Africa. All partners are selected on the basis they are compliant with current legislation and do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information.
Can I access my data?
Yes. You can request to view or delete any information we hold on you at any time. Please write to Raithwaite Estate Data Protection Office, Sandsend Road, Whitby, YO21 3ST providing two copies of your ID e.g.
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from the last three months)
- Current vehicle registration document
- Bank statement (from the last three months)
- Rent book (from the last three months)
Bear in mind if you request to delete data from Raithwaite Estate it will mean that we will have to ask for your information each time you make a booking. We reserve the right to make a small charge for these requests as per the terms of the Data Protection Act.
Links to other websites
If you have consented to sign up to our loyalty scheme or marketing database, you can opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted, you can unsubscribe by any of the following methods:
- Selecting the UNSUBSCRIBE link included in our marketing emails
- Contacting our Marketing Team on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal information will be stored securely for a maximum of three months should you not be successfully employed. Written consent is required if you authorise for your personal data to be securely held for a maximum of six months.
As a result of improvements we make to our services, amendments to laws or regulation or developments in the technology or processes we use, we may need to change the information we hold about you and/or the way in which the purposes for which we process such information. Where we require your consent to such change we will notify you of the change. However, unless you inform us otherwise, we will deem your continued use of products and services to which the change relates to constitute your consent to the relevant change.