DOG-FRIENDLY HOTEL ROOMS AND DINING
Four-legged friends get to join the fun at Raithwaite Sandsend; one of the most dog-friendly hotels in Whitby and the surrounding area. A selection of our beautiful rooms and suites are pet-friendly, with an additional charge of £15 per pet, per night.
Dogs are also welcome at a special dog-friendly area near the Restaurant, so guests can tuck into a well-deserved lunch or post-walk drink without leaving the hound behind throughout their stay. We do recommend pre-booking as dining here is subject to availability.
In the warmer months, head out onto our sun-washed terrace for drinks, light lunches made with local produce and afternoon tea with views over the Raithwaite estate gardens.
Bed and breakfast are also available for dogs and owners who would prefer to use the hotel as room accommodation only while they discover more of this fabulous location.
A PET-FRIENDLY HOTEL ON THE YORKSHIRE COAST
Located on the edge of the North York Moors, only a short distance from the Whitby Abbey, Whitby town centre, Captain Cook Memorial Museum and the North Yorks National Park, here at Raithwaite, we’re perfectly located for guests looking to enjoy a short break, surrounded by superb dog walking spots, making us one of the premier pet-friendly hotels.
Filey and Scarborough are also only a short drive along the coast, giving holiday-makers looking to enjoy a dog-friendly hotel break near Whitby harbour even more choice. There are also historic fishing villages nearby to explore, such as Robin Hoods Bay and Staithes – where Captain Cook learned to navigate the high seas – along with bigger coastal resorts further south, such as Bridlington in the East Riding. Dogs can also travel for free on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and the Esk Valley Railway.
Guidelines for dogs:
- All dogs must always be well-mannered and well behaved.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead and be accompanied by their families whilst in public areas of the gardens and hotel. Dogs can relax on all outside terrace areas (weather permitting!!)
- Whilst in internal public areas of the Raithwaite, all dogs must be kept on their lead always.
- Dogs are not allowed in the pool area or spa.
- Owners please contact reception at extension 0 to arrange a convenient time to clean your room. Housekeeping will enter your room only if (1) your pet has gone for a walk or (2) your pet is on a leash and you are present in the room.
- Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs in the hotel or in the neighbourhood, we have several waste bins positioned on the grounds. Please do not use the internal bins for your dog waste.
- Any disturbances must be curtailed to ensure other guests are not inconvenienced. Raithwaite Sandsend reserves the right to require immediate removal of any pet that displays inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to excessive barking, biting, evidence of disease, etc. Pet owners will be responsible for all charges relating to a pet removal including transportation and kennel charges.
AREAS TO VISIT AROUND RAITHWAITE
We are very lucky to be surrounded by over 100 acres of land ready to be explored. The wonderful thing about staying at Raithwaite is you are guaranteed to go on great walks. If you follow the signs around the grounds you can walk to the popular seaside town Whitby, the local village Newholm and Sandsend which has a great, award-winning beach, for your dog to run around on. Dogs are welcome to be off their leash if they are well behaved. Please be careful of the cows which you will come across in the fields, they are not always friendly!
Throughout the summer please be considerate to the vast number of tourists that visit the area. From 1st May to 30th September we are not allowed to walk dogs on the beach area to the left of the café at Sandsend and the section in front of the Whitby beach chalets. There are steps leading off the beach at both points.
We are delighted to have you and your pet as our guests.
A fee of £15 per pet, per night will apply at the end of your stay. As the pet owner and registered guest, you will also be responsible for any additional cost for deep-cleaning, repair and replacement of damaged facilities caused by your pet. Should your dog have an accident in the room, please let Reception know as soon as possible so that we may provide any further assistance required.
By signing your Registration Card, you acknowledge that you have read this letter. Furthermore, you authorize the Hotel to charge any related costs, arising from your pet occupying the room, to your credit card during or after your stay.
You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless Raithwaite Sandsend, its owners and its operator from all liability and damage suffered as a result of your pet.