Raithwaite Sandsend: One of the best dog-friendly hotels in Whitby
At Raithwaite Sandsend, we understand that canine companions are an integral part of the family, which is why we are happy to offer a warm welcome to dogs with our pet-friendly hotel rooms. With over 100 acres of hotel grounds to explore, a wide choice of lovely walks nearby, and our stylish, pet-friendly rooms to relax in, Raithwaite Sandsend is one of the most popular pet-friendly hotels around Whitby.
Well-behaved dogs are also welcome at a special dog-friendly area near the Restaurant, so guests can tuck into a well-deserved lunch or post-walk drink without leaving their furry friends behind. We do recommend pre-booking as dining here is subject to availability.
In the warmer months, you can head out onto our sun-washed terrace for drinks, light lunches made with local produce and Afternoon Tea with views over the Raithwaite estate gardens.
Our pet-friendly rooms have an additional charge of £15 per pet, per night.
A PET-FRIENDLY HOTEL ON THE YORKSHIRE COAST
Four-legged friends get to join the fun at Raithwaite Sandsend, one of the most dog-friendly hotels in the Whitby area.
Our location is right on the edge of the North York Moors, but also within walking distance of Sandsend Beach, Whitby Abbey and Whitby town centre, making us the perfect spot for a short break surrounded by superb dog walking spots. Filey and Scarborough are just a short drive along the coast, as are Robin Hood’s Bay and Staithes – where Captain Cook learned to navigate the high seas – offering you and your four-legged friend even more choice on your dog-friendly hotel break. Dogs can also travel for free on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and the Esk Valley Railway.
And to make it all the easier, you’ll enjoy free parking, Wi-Fi, and delicious dining while staying with us.
Guidelines for dogs:
- All dogs must always be well-mannered and well behaved.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead and be accompanied by their families whilst in public areas of the gardens and hotel. Dogs can relax on all outside terrace areas (weather permitting!!)
- Whilst in internal public areas of the Raithwaite, all dogs must be kept on their lead always.
- Dogs are not allowed in the pool area or spa.
- Owners please contact reception at extension 0 to arrange a convenient time to clean your room. Housekeeping will enter your room only if (1) your pet has gone for a walk or (2) your pet is on a leash and you are present in the room.
- Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs in the hotel or in the neighbourhood, we have several waste bins positioned on the grounds. Please do not use the internal bins for your dog waste.
- Any disturbances must be curtailed to ensure other guests are not inconvenienced. Raithwaite Sandsend reserves the right to require immediate removal of any pet that displays inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to excessive barking, biting, evidence of disease, etc. Pet owners will be responsible for all charges relating to a pet removal including transportation and kennel charges.
AREAS TO VISIT AROUND RAITHWAITE
We are very lucky to be surrounded by over 100 acres of land ready to be explored. Our grounds are dotted with signs to point you in the right direction, whether that’s down to Sandsend Beach or to the popular seaside town Whitby. For some of our best local walks, read our insider’s dog-walking guide.
From 1st May to 30th September, dogs are not permitted on the beach area to the left of the café at Sandsend, as well as the section in front of Whitby’s beach huts. There are steps leading off the beach at both points.
We are delighted to have you and your pet as our guests.
A fee of £15 per pet, per night will apply at the end of your stay. As the pet owner and registered guest, you will also be responsible for any additional cost for deep-cleaning, repair and replacement of damaged facilities caused by your pet. Should your dog have an accident in the room, please let Reception know as soon as possible.
By signing your registration card, you acknowledge that you have read this letter. Furthermore, you authorise the hotel to charge any related costs, arising from your pet occupying the room, to your credit card during or after your stay.
You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless Raithwaite Sandsend, its owners and its operator from all liability and damage suffered as a result of your pet.